Valentine’s Day seems to have crept up on us so quickly this year. Since it falls on a Wednesday we planned for some quick but special treats to start the day off for your loved one……otherwise plan for a breakfast of note this coming weekend!
The Mama Africa Valentines Bircher Muesli made with AMASI is so delicious that we polished off the bowl that we had prepped for the photo shoot and the Language of Love French toast with heart shaped bacon and syrup also hit the spot….we hope that you enjoy these too, for TWO!
Happy Valentine’s everyone
Mama Africa’s Valentine’s Day AMASI Bircher Muesli
1 ½ cups/375ml milk
½ cup/125ml apple juice
3 T/ 36ml leMama mon juice
1 apple, cored and grated with the peel
1-2 T 12.5 – 25ml honey
1½ cups/375ml AMASI
A dash of cinnamon (optional)
A dish of vanilla essence
Fresh or dried fruit and Nuts
- Combine oats, milk, apple juice and lemon juice and let sit overnight in the refrigerator.
- In the morning add the grated apple, honey (to taste),AMASI and cinnamon and vanilla essence, if desired, and mix well.
Layer with your favourite fruits and top with more and nuts, add a spoon of amasi/yoghurt on top…
Enjoy with your special person
The Language of Love French Toast
2 large eggs
1 teaspoon sugar
1 dash salt
3/4 cup milk or AMASI
4 Thick slice bread (Kitkah makes rich and delicious French toast)
Fruit or Berries of Choice
1.Break the eggs into a wide, bowl and beat them lightly with a fork or whisk.
2. Stir the sugar, salt, and milk into the beaten eggs.
3. Heat a frying pan over a medium to high temperature and add the butter to melt ( be careful not to burn the butter)
4. Place the bread slices, one at a time, into the bowl with the egg mixture.
5. Let the bread soak up egg mixture for a few seconds and then carefully turn to coat the other side.
6. Transfer the egg-coated bread slices to the hot skillet or griddle. Heat slowly until bottom is golden brown. Turn and brown the other side.
7. Twist your bacon rashers to form a heart shape and lay on a baking tray.
8. Grill until crisp
Serve French toast hot with bacon, berries and syrup.