With us being at home during the lockdown we constantly need snacks to munch on while working or for our Netflix and Chill sessions! Here’s a very simple, crunchy and delicious vanilla cookie recipe to make for yourself and your family to fill up the cookie/snack jar!
3 1/2 Cups flour
250g Butter/Margarine (room temperature)
2 cups White sugar
2 Teaspoons baking powder
Pinch of salt
1 Tablespoon Vanilla essence
- Preheat the oven at 200 degrees Celsius. Prepare your baking tray and line with baking paper (If you do not have baking paper -lightly butter the tray and dust with flour to prevent sticking).
- Cream/Mix the sugar and the butter/margarine together in a bowl with a wooden spoon.
- Beat the eggs in a separate bowl.
- Mix the eggs with the butter and sugar mixture and add vanilla essence (mix thoroughly).
- Add the dry ingredients- flour and salt-and mix until you get a soft dough.
- Spoon out a small amount of the cookie dough mixture into your hands and shape into small balls with your hands and press the balls with a fork.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes and then cool on a cooling rack.
- Enjoy with a glass of milk or with any hot beverage you prefer!